Reservations for volunteering as a Cleaner
VOLUNTEER LIABILITY RELEASE FORM
The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for Free Bikes 4 Kidz and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer (the “Activities”). The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include, but are not limited to, organizing, cleaning, performing bicycle repair and maintenance, serving food, loading and unloading supplies, interacting with clients, and providing clerical support.
Volunteer understands that the scope of the volunteer’s relationship with Free Bikes 4 Kidz is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by volunteer, that Free Bikes 4 Kidz will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to volunteers; and that volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of volunteer’s services to Free Bikes 4 Kidz. The Volunteer does hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress execute this Release under the following terms:
1. Release and Waiver: Volunteer, for them self and their legal representatives, spouse, heirs, and assigns, does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Free Bikes 4 Kidz and its officers, directors, trustees, employees, agents, insurers and representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability claims and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer’s Activities with Free Bikes 4 Kidz. Volunteer understands that this Release discharges Free Bikes 4 Kidz from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against Free Bikes 4 Kidz with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from Volunteers Activities with Free Bikes 4 Kidz whether caused by the negligence of Free Bikes 4 Kidz or its officers, directors, employees, or agents or otherwise. Volunteer covenants not to bring any action against Free Bikes 4 Kidz for any such injury or damage. Volunteer also understands that Free Bikes 4 Kidz does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial or other assistance including but not limited to medical, health, workers’ compensation or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
2. Medical Treatment: Volunteer has no known mental or physical condition that would impair their capability for full participation as intended or expected of them. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharges Free Bikes 4 Kidz from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s Activities with Free Bikes 4 Kidz. Volunteer authorizes Free Bikes 4 Kidz to act, in its best judgment, on volunteer’s behalf in case of an emergency.
3. Assumption of the Risk: The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but are not limited to, organizing, cleaning, performing yard work, loading and unloading supplies, interacting with clients, maintaining and repairing bicycles and providing clerical support. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities and releases Free Bikes 4 Kidz from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
4. Voluntary Service: Volunteer understands and acknowledges that they may decline any volunteer role or position at any time if they feel such role or position presents a risk to health or safety or for any other reason. Volunteer agrees to advise Free Bikes 4 Kidz of any preexisting conditions that would preclude involvement in any Activity.
5. Insurance: The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed upon by Free Bikes 4 Kidz in writing, Free Bikes 4 Kidz does not carry or maintain health, medical, disability or Workers Compensation insurance coverage for any volunteer.
6. Media: Volunteer hereby grants permission to Free Bikes 4 Kidz to use their likeness, whether through the use of photographs, film, videotape, or other media, for promotional and marketing purposes.
7. Other: Volunteer expressly agrees that the Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Illinois, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which will continue to be enforceable. Volunteer represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
Below is the scheduling calendar for Cleaners for the spring of 2020.
To volunteer for a shift, click on the date in the calendar and then choose your shift from the list of available shifts populated below the calendar.